VIGO System S.A. is a world-leading manufacturer of uncooled infrared photon detectors. In the 1980s, a team led by Professor Józef Piotrowski, Ph.D., at the Military University of Technology in Warsaw, Poland developed a special technique for manufacturing detectors operating without cryocooling, which was subsequently implemented at the company.
The company’s unique position on the market is confirmed through its status as an official supplier of subassemblies for NASA. As a result of that co-operation, detectors developed and manufactured by VIGO System were installed on the Curiosity rover, which explores the surface of Mars.
A particularly important asset of the company is its ability to combine R&D works in the field of IR technology with manufacturing operations, all in close co-operation with the customer.
The roots of VIGO System S.A. are very important to us – for many years we have been conducting advanced research on new types of IR detectors together with scientists from the Military University of Technology and from other domestic and foreign research institutions at a common, continuously expanded laboratory.
VIGO System in a nutshell
The detectors manufactured by VIGO System are used, amongst others, in the following fields:
- industry - laser power control and calibration;
- defense and security - smart munitions, early warning systems;
- environmental protection - gas analysis, real-time water quality control;
- healthcare - non-invasive blood analysis;
- transport - analysis of temperature distribution in fast moving objects;
- research and development - precise, non-destructive spectroscopy.